Wednesday 22 October 2014

Questionnaire Analysis

The results of my questionnaire show several important things about my target audience and their needs. This is my analysis of their results, and what it tells me about their needs.



1. Age


My results show that 85% of my audience is aged 16-18, therefore making them my primary target audience, as they are most likely to be interested in film. My secondary audience is 23 or older, at 15%, meaning there will be a secondary audience that also needs to be catered for. 

2. Gender

According to my results, 73.68% of my audience are female, and 26.32% are male. This means that the target audience is females, ages 16-18, but males still have a percentage of the viewership and so need to be catered for.


3. Cinema visits

A large majority of my audience (60%) visit the cinema more than once a year, and 25% visit more than once a month. This suggests that my audience mostly visits the cinema regularly, but not often enough to have any major significance, suggesting further that perhaps they only visit when big blockbusters are released (usually three or four films a year). This means that to appeal to my target audience, I will need to create a blockbuster style film cover that is likely to draw in a large audience. 


4. Film genre



From my responses, it's clear that sic-fi, fantasy, horror/thriller, romance and comedy are very popular answers. Others included animation and musicals, but it's clear that action, adventure and rom/coms are not incredibly popular amongst my target audience, and so I should consider which genre is going to be most widely appealing to both male and female audiences. 


5. Convincing to watch a film








A large majority of people (75%) said that a film that is a sequel or prequel to another film, and if the film poster was enticing or interesting. Another large amount of people (65%) said that a famous cast or an adaptation would make them want to watch a film. Other options included remakes or famous directors, which I should consider, but not focus entirely on.

6. Disposable income




My audience mainly spend between £5-£7 to go to the cinema, which perhaps suggests that their socio-economic grouping ranges from E to low C2. This is because their age is teen, so they are unlikely to be employed or working for a living, and they are not spending an enormous amount to watch films. Another result for how my audience accesses films shows that 27.78% use online downloads or buy DVDs rather than go to the cinema, which again suggests that they are of a lower socio-economic grouping as they do not have much disposable income.  


No comments:

Post a Comment